Saturday, May 9, 2015

'Tis Blessing, I Speak {7}

Salvation.

It is yours.

That you would see it and know it,
that you would choose it, claim it,
breathe it and be it.
~~
I have been thinking about your joy.
I see it sometimes, in you,
but is it rooted?

Sometimes I see it sitting on the surface
of your being but then it dissipates,
wafting away because the circumstance changed
or your belief in your own capacity has swayed.

And you would think that maybe I
would say that today I'll pray for your joy,
but no. Joy is rooted when its based in an understanding of
your salvation. In Him.

So today I speak of your salvation,
from each and every power that would steal your joy away.
And today I speak praise and glory and honor
to the One who makes your salvation complete.

May the Lord bless and keep you, 
may he make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you, 
and turn his face toward you, and give you his peace.

No comments: