Monday, October 3, 2011

Friends come to town!

I am just a busy little bug these days.
Life is one great thing to the next great thing, including the visit this weekend of 4 of my favorite out-of-towners.

On Saturday  Gene and Kathy just happened to be driving through State College on their way home to Massachusetts from a wedding in West Virginia, and just happened to drop by my house.

Their happening meant that we could sit in my living room lounging and talking, sit in their hotel room lounging and talking, sit over dinner at the Tavern downtown.  Lounging and talking.

They came to church the next morning and smiled at me from the congregation while I played on the stage.  Then there was hugging and more hugging, as they went on their way.

Such good friends, so good to me, so good to see them.

Then, later that night, Emily and Aden were in town, and there was dinner to be had.

We met at Amy's, where we lounged and talked and debated where our dinner should take place.

We settled on Olde New York, a local place with a menu made mainly of German inspired sauerkraut.

Luckily for us, it was also Oktoberfest, which included good beer and live music.  And lederhosen.

And, [introducing!] Caleb!
[The newest addition to our little family, I've known Caleb for years and a) adore him and b) adore the fact that he is now dating our darling Amy.]
We lounged and talked in front of the cozy fireplace, drinking in the beer, the music, the lederhosen, and each other.

When all was said and the lounging was done, we made our way to the parking lot where there was hugging and more hugging, and I came to the conclusion:

Gee, I love it when friends come to town!

No comments: