and Daniela was ready to get the party started.
While her Mommy and Tia Aurora stayed home to get her ready, her Daddy took Dave, Kara and I to the restaurant where the post-baptism celebration would happen, and put us to work.
(I did not think I would ever see the day
where my brothers would hang tulle,
(I did not think I would ever see the day
where my brothers would hang tulle,
but I have pictures to prove it occurred....)
When the tulle and balloons,
the mums and the stuffed animals
were pleasingly distributed throughout the room,
were pleasingly distributed throughout the room,
since we knew once the festivities started there would be plenty of people vying for her attention.
We let her know that she is loved.
After the church service, we went to the restaurant
and settled in at our tables in anticipation of:
the arrival of the star (of course),
but also?
The arrival of the FOOD.
Oh, how I love being married into the Portuguese.
(Oh, how I love the Sangria too.....)
In due time, the star conked out in her Daddy's arms,
while the rest of us
took the opportunity
just to be
together.
A good party,
a Good day.
We let her know that she is loved.
After the church service, we went to the restaurant
and settled in at our tables in anticipation of:
the arrival of the star (of course),
but also?
The arrival of the FOOD.
Oh, how I love being married into the Portuguese.
(Oh, how I love the Sangria too.....)
In due time, the star conked out in her Daddy's arms,
while the rest of us
just to be
together.
A good party,
a Good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment