Friday, April 12, 2013

A Friday Reminiscence

It's Friday.  

In Pre-'cancelling my life in order to graduate' days, 
Fridays often meant a visit from two of my favorite peeps:
Once a month, Emily and Quint would make their way to my abode, so that Emily and I could have some good talking, before she'd wander off for a voice lesson and Quint and I would have some quality time.

At first,
all he did was sleep,
or want to lay around.

But soon,
he was ready to play and sing and dance.
There were even a lot of sloppy kisses thrown around.

And somewhere along the way, he decided to get helpful.
 He helped me wrap my Christmas gifts, 
 practice my music,
and read about dissertation related things.

In fact,
 he was always very patient when it came to my dissertating,
even offering to fold my laundry on occasion.

And, the last time I saw him?
The boy planned my menu for the week,
 and told me not to worry--
we'll see each other again soon!

1 comment:

The man, the myth, the minister said...

How sweet!

By the way, we enjoyed your music at Ade's concert!