Monday, July 11, 2011

Bring on the babies

Imagine that you are a family that rarely sees each other, but has two brand(ish) new babies within your ranks.

Imagine that those babies make a family reunion awfully fun.

Our two,
born a day apart from each other:
Willow
and Daniela.

I'm here to tell you that these two had a great time.
How could they not after all?
There are so many fun things that can happen:

Willow had her diaper changed on a boat;
Daniela, in a camp chair.

You can sleep whenever you want,

pretty much anywhere.

And, you're never more wanted than when you're a scrumptious bundle of baby:




Now, there does seem to be a bit of competition between these two:
If Willow's glare means that she is worried that Daniela will steal away her standing as the angelic first great-grandchild, I don't think she has to worry.
Despite that innocent little face,
 our precious Daniela engaged in a massively explosive poop, all over great-grandma during this peaceful family photo.  
It. was. bad.  
It will NEVER be forgotten. 

Her sudden proclivity for projectile poop didn't stop me, however, from getting as much Daniela time as I could:





An Auntie Lauren has to.

Our time together also allowed us to ascertain whether or not these new arrivals really had the Kooistra stuff inside of them, and I'd like to suggest that the following pictures say--according to the Kooistra face test--they do:





Welcome to the Kooistras girls--
we're so delighted to have you!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Thank you Lauren for the memories of the reunion. Though I drove the boat I don't remember Willow being on it at one point nor the changing of the diaper.